Congratulations, you are here and looking for a treatment program. This is the first step, one of the thousands, that brings you along on the path to healing. But there are so many different kinds of rehabilitation in North Dallas, and it’s hard to find good information about what type is right for you. North Dallas counseling services range in size and practice, but here is a general framework of what is out there:
Categories of North Dallas Rehab Clinics
- Residential rehab programs: you live in the same place you are treated. Often voluntary, patients are expected to stay in the facility during most times of the day. This kind of treatment allows uninterrupted, 24/7 rehabilitation attention by counselors and nurses. Programs such as these usually last around a month in length but can vary based on the needs of the patient.
- Outpatient treatment programs: you live on your own, performing the normal daily duties of life while attending therapy appointments according to your needs: daily, weekly or even monthly. Most North Dallas counseling centers prefer this type of rehab, which incorporates treatment into the patient’s everyday life.
- Community-based programs: you attend a meeting in the community or counseling center with others like you. Group therapies are often just as effective as one-on-one counseling. Bonding with and learning from peers are some of the best ways a patient can develop more positive behaviors.
- Cognitive therapies: treatments that focus on how you think. It is based on the idea that your thoughts are what lead to behavior, rather than the situation itself. Generally, counselors urge their patients to identify negative thoughts, analyze them, and replace them with positive ones. The final step is to include these final, positive thoughts in daily interactions.
- Solution-based therapies: programs that focus on your future rather than the past. You are encouraged to imagine what your future will be like and to strive towards that goal.
- Pharmaceutical treatment: Often paired with individual or group talk therapy, pharmaceuticals can be useful in dealing with the symptoms of an issue, such as substance abuse, sexual dependency, anxiety, or depression.
- Holistic therapies: Holistic approaches tend to focus not just on the particular problem that brought you to rehab, but also on a person’s general well-being. It takes into account other issues that are related to the central one but also need to be addressed for a full recovery. Holistic techniques include play therapy or outdoor exercises that increase the health of the entire body.
Research Your Rehab Facility
Every individual responds to treatment differently. The most important part is to find one that is right for you. North Dallas counseling services offer a range of types of clinics and treatment approaches that enable you to begin your healing journey.