New Horizons Center for Healing provides a comprehensive, culturally sensitive premarital counseling and marital education program that assist couples in developing skills to navigate their way through a marriage successfully. Through the sessions with our licensed professionals, you will become educated about what marriage entails and create a deeper self-awareness to identify and resolve differences between you and your partner. Our pre-marital counseling sessions are not religiously oriented nor affiliated with any specific religion or belief. We will incorporate your religious values and beliefs into our sessions and respect them at whatever level of involvement they may have in your lives.
What Does Pre-marital Counseling Look Like?
The pre-marital counseling sessions are custom tailored to the needs and goals of each couple and are focused on areas the couple feels need the most attention in their relationship. The sessions allow couples to learn:
- How to cope with stressors caused by work and external events
- How to keep their romance alive in marriage by understanding each other’s needs and expectations (psychological, emotional, sexual)
- How to deal with anger or lack of communication
- How to resolve their individual or familial differences and learn about each other’s background
- Identify the traps in their relationships by identifying their philosophical stance towards their relationship.
The recommend 6 pre-marital counseling and marital educational sessions cover the following topics:
- Interpersonal Communication
- Money / Finances
- Conflict Negotiation / Problem Solving
- Religion and Philosophy
- Role / Marriage Expectations
- Careers and Individual Interests
- In-Laws and Family Interactions / Issues
- Social Interactions and Friends
- Children and Parenting
Why Choose Pre-Marital Counseling with New Horizons
At New Horizons, our pre-marital counseling is conducted by licensed professional counselors who tailor your sessions to meet you and your future spouse’s specific needs. Our services are cost-effective and conducted in our state-of-the-art facility, which is comfortable and intimate. Before your special day, we will help you learn how to communicate effectively with each other and resolve your conflicts in a positive and healthy manner. If you’re looking for a qualified pre-marital counselor, call our office today for more information.