Here at New Horizon’s Center for Healing, we are excited to offer our telehealth services such as telecounseling to new and current clients.
Benefits of online telecounseling include:
- Staying in your safe place. Home is often a “safe place” for people. You can remain in this safe place, while still receiving the mental health help needed to help you thrive in life. Staying home eliminates barriers involved with the anxiety some experience when they have different transitions, such as navigating traffic to get to the session, parking, getting into the actual office, waiting in the waiting room, and then finally entering a therapy room. A session from home allows the client to remain in a place that feels comfortable, which allows patients better access to faster therapy.
- Eliminates possible exposure to illness. Maybe you or your child is trying to maintain your health as you prepare for, or are recovering from, surgery or another medical procedure. Perhaps someone in your family is immunocompromised. Telecounseling services eliminate the need to worry about exposure to potential illness while trying to receive mental health care.
- Save time! There is no commute or potential traffic jams. There is no waiting room. Getting to your therapy session can be as easy as sitting down on the couch or at the kitchen table, and turning on your phone, tablet, or computer.
- Increased access to qualified providers. Maybe you live far away from skilled and certified professionals. Location is no longer a barrier. You can gain access to highly qualified professionals, regardless of where you are located in Texas.
- Improved consistency of care. Consistency of care is more achievable because barriers, such as reliability of transportation or changing schedules of family members, are no longer an issue.